A few weeks ago I bought this wall Decal and I’ve put it up in my bedroom – to be the first thing I see when I wake up. Soon after I started adding post-its to just note some thoughts through the days. It’s been quite fun to go back and read the wall.
On the top I’ve added the 4 L’s – Love, Laugh, Learn, Live it loud. I am looking for my 5th L – perhaps a Large Biryani. 🙂
Here are some of the notes on the post -its:
- Words must be from the heart not from the mouth
- Secrets and lies often have underlying unhappiness
- Err on the side of warmth. Warmth over competence
- Consciousness about actions: Perhaps the best way to practice deliberate practice. Be conscious of inputs and then observe the output.
- Be honest, Be vulnerable, Be silly, Be loving, Feel loved
- Going to give up? Not going to work? Will you regret this a week from now?
- It’s better to shit your pants than die of of constipation. Don’t be afraid.
- It’s funny how people put away urges – the very thing that makes life worth living. Without extreme emotions life is but a mediocre ride through the uninteresting.
- Truly care for every person who comes your way. People should leave a conversation feeling loved. There lies a great power to help each person achieve their dreams.
- Jump in and enjoy the ride
- Best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now. What did you plant today?
- When something goes wrong in your life, just yell “Plot twist” and move on.
- The dichotomy between idealism and realism – Idealism only works when you have the latter.